Saturday, February 18, 2017

Julien Macdonald Fall 2017 Ready to Wear


London Fashion Week has finally begun! London's designers are always famous for their unique and slightly more eccentric designs, but I also enjoy simpler designs. One of my favourite British designers is Julien Macdonald. His creations are always so beautiful, ethereal and feminine. This season, I haven't heard of the inspirations for this collection, but my interpretation of the collection is "warrior princess". The patterns of the intricate beading, the cut and the textures of the dress just remind me of that. My favourite, however, is the dress with the mix of textures (feathers, beading, see-through fabrics, etc), which might be due to my current obsession with figure skating. My favourite figure skater, Yuzuru Hanyu, wore a feathery, glittery costume for his exhibition performance, and now I want a feathery, glittery dress of my own...

No comments:

Post a Comment