Tuesday, February 14, 2017

On Love, Eros



STRADIVARIUS Leather Jacket and Leather Skirt
ZARA Lace Top
FOREVER 21 Heels

If you follow me on my other social media, you would know that I have been obsessed with this one figure skating anime, you might have heard of, called "Yuri!!! On Ice". It tells the story of Yuuri Katsuki, Japan's top figure skater who ended up 6th place in the Grand Prix Finals the year before the story starts. He has always admired Victor Nikiforov, a living legend and the number one figure skater who originates from Russia and Yuuri has always wanted to skate on the same ice as Victor. After said Grand Prix Final, Yuuri decided to go back to his home in Hasetsu, Kyushu, in order to figure out what he wants to do with his life after his defeat. He decided to go back to the ice rink and skated Victor's Free Program "Stay Close to Me". It turns out that a video of Yuuri skating to Victor's program got uploaded online and became an overnight sensation. Many figure skaters, including Victor, watched the video. Victor, struck by inspiration, decided to move to Hasetsu and be Yuuri's coach. 

Now I won't spoil the rest of the story for you, but the title of the Short Program that Victor taught Yuuri was called "On Love, Eros". It's sexy, seductive and the costume was androgynous. I wanted to channel this program and show it as best as I could with my own clothing and this is what I came up with! Black lace and fringe top paired with a black leather jacket and a black leather skirt. The heels that I chose were 14 cm high and the ankle strap makes it even sexier. 

Here's the song, "On Love, Eros" for you all! 

2 comments: